The Physical Therapy Board of Craniofacial & Cervical Therapeutics
The examination is offered to qualified physical therapists at each annual scientific meeting of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain (AAOP).
To enhance the quality of care and service provided to the public through certification of Physical Therapists in the field of Orofacial Pain.
The examination blueprint and study guide outlines the specific content areas of knowledge that are included in the examination.
The Puzzle of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
Pain at the temporomandibular region can develop from within or around the joint, but can also be referred from the head, the neck and/or shoulder girdle. Physical therapists that have obtained specialty certification by the Physical Therapy Board of Craniofacial & Cervical Therapeutics (PTBCCT) understand the relationship of the neck and shoulder girdle to the temporomandibular complex and cranium. Therefore a comprehensive initial evaluation must encompass an assessment of those inter-related components.
A complete listing of certified cervical and temporomandibular therapists (CCTT) are available in the Directory
healthOne Physiotherapy is looking for a dynamic and talented physiotherapist to join our team. This Fellowship position is for someone interested in gaining invaluable mentorship and experience assessing and treating patients with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders and Facial Palsies.
We have industry leading physiotherapists who will provide didactic instruction, mentorship and training in treating these disorders. Maria Zerjav, along with Jenifer Jones, who are both CCTT certified (Cervical and Temporomandibular Joint Therapists) with the PTBCCT (The Physical Therapy Board of Craniofacial & Cervical Therapeutics: www.ptbcct.org ) and have collectively over 60 years of clinical experience treating this patient population. Maria Zerjav is highly recognized for her contribution to educating physiotherapists in BC. Susan Rankin is an expert practitioner and educator in treating patients with facial palsies and is recognized with Facial Therapy Specialists internationally. This is a DREAM team for a physiotherapist that wants to learn from the best!
We’re looking for a physiotherapist(s) to join in all 3 of our locations (Vancouver, Surrey and Mission – opportunity to split time between 2-3 locations). The hours are flexible and could be a condensed work week. Successful Fellowship candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of private practice experience and be licensed to practice in British Columbia. Preference will be given to practitioners who have manual therapy and IMS/Dry Needling experience.
What we offer:
- Signing Bonus based on your years of experience, qualifications and full versus part-time with us (minimum $2000).
- Relocation assistance for a very qualified candidate.
- Flexible work schedule. Most of our teamwork a 4-day work week.
- Work as an independent contractor OR salaried – your choice.
- Compensation will be competitive and based on experience ($85-110/hour based on experience)
- Extended Medical Benefits plan
- Full administrative & Physiotherapy Assistant support to make your day go smoothly.
- We utilize an electronic charting system called ‘Jane’ which offers lots of resources and the ability to chart from home.
- We do all the marketing, provide business cards, clinic swag and more.
- In-house professional development courses free to our team.
- Bright, clean and spacious clinics with all the usual therapeutic modalities
- Fun social events with the team!
To apply for this incredible opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn a more about our clinics and core values, visit www.healthonephysio.ca